Accident Lawyers | Service Areas
Contact an accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Missouri and Southern Illinois. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families. It’s our job to help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. We handle insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our St. Louis, MO, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury and cases.
Our accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for accident victims in the St. Louis area:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for an injury case in St. Louis, MO, it is essential to have experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in St. Louis.
Having settled over $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the St. Louis injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. You can contact us today for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Experienced Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Metro St. Louis, area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer St. Louis clients with the information and experience they deserve to fight big insurers and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in St. Louis
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in St. Louis will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
How Your St. Louis, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon today for a free case review and more information. We serve the greater St. Louis and Southern Illinois area. Further down this page, you can find a list of specific cities.