Accident Lawyers in Allendale, IL
Contact the Allendale, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Allendale, IL. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims in the Allendale, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. We handle insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $50 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Allendale, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Allendale accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are involved in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Allendale, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get compensation for an injury case in Allendale, IL, it’s crucial to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Allendale.
Having settled upwards of $50 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Allendale injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. Please contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Allendale Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Allendale area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Allendale accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Allendale clients with the information and experience they deserve to fight insurance companies and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Allendale
When it comes to reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. A skilled Allendale accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Allendale will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Allendale, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Allendale, IL
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have dealt with many car- and truck-related cases. It’s our job to help Allendale accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Allendale, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Allendale accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Allendale, IL, are available 24/7.