Accident Lawyers in Alma, IL
Call the Alma, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Alma, IL. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims in the Alma, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover damages after an accident. We handle insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Alma, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Our Alma accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in some sort of accident, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Alma, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases are worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win an injury case in Alma, IL, it’s essential to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Alma.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Alma injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Feel free to contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Alma Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Alma area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company may offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Alma accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Alma residents with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight insurance companies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Alma
When it comes to compensation, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced Alma accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Alma will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Alma, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Alma, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed various car- and truck-related claims. It’s our job to help Alma accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Alma, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Alma accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Alma, IL, are available 24/7.