Accident Lawyers in Altamont, IL
Contact the Altamont, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Altamont, IL. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims in the Altamont, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35 million for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Altamont, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Altamont accident lawyers support victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Altamont, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases can be worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for an injury claim in Altamont, IL, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Altamont.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Altamont injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Please contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Altamont Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Altamont area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Altamont accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Altamont residents with the information and experience they need to fight big insurers and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Altamont
When it comes to compensation, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Altamont accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Altamont will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Altamont, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Altamont, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed dozens car- and truck-related cases. It is our job to help Altamont accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Altamont, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Altamont accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Altamont, IL, are available 24/7.