Accident Lawyers in Anna, IL
Contact the Anna, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Anna, IL. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Anna, IL, area. We help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. Dixon handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35,000,000 for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Anna, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Our Anna accident lawyers support victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in some kind of accident, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for Anna, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases can be worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get compensation for a personal injury case in Anna, IL, it is important to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Anna.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Anna injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. Please contact us now for more information about how we help our clients.
Anna Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Anna area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Anna accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Anna clients with the information and experience they need to fight big insurers and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Anna
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. A skilled Anna accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Anna will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Anna, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Anna, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have handled dozens car- and truck-related claims. It’s our goal to help Anna accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Anna, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Anna accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Anna, IL, are available 24/7.