Accident Lawyers in Aviston, IL
Call the Aviston, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Aviston, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims in the Aviston, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover damages after an accident. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Aviston, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Our Aviston accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer prime advice for Aviston, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases can be worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win a personal injury case in Aviston, IL, it’s crucial to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Aviston.
Having settled over $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Aviston injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. You can contact us now for more information about how we help our clients.
Aviston Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Aviston area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Aviston accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Aviston clients with the information and experience they need to fight insurance companies and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Aviston
In terms of compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced Aviston accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Aviston will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Aviston, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Aviston, IL
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have dealt with dozens car- and truck-related claims. It’s our job to help Aviston accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Aviston, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Aviston accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Aviston, IL, are available 24/7.