Accident Lawyers in Ballwin, MO
Contact the Ballwin, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Ballwin, MO. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Ballwin, MO, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after an accident. Dixon handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Ballwin, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Ballwin accident lawyers are here to help victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re involved in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Ballwin, MO, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for a personal injury case in Ballwin, MO, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Ballwin.
Having settled over $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Ballwin injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. Please contact us today for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Ballwin Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Ballwin area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Ballwin accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Ballwin residents with the information and experience they need to effectively fight insurance companies and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Ballwin
Regarding compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced Ballwin accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Ballwin will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Ballwin, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Ballwin, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled dozens car- and truck-related claims. It’s our job to help Ballwin accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Ballwin, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Ballwin accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Ballwin, MO, are available 24/7.