Accident Lawyers in Barnhart, MO
Contact the Barnhart, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Barnhart, MO. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims in the Barnhart, MO, area. It’s our job to help victims recover compensation after an accident. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Barnhart, MO, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Barnhart accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are in an accident of some kind, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for Barnhart, MO, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases are worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury case in Barnhart, MO, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Barnhart.
Having settled more than $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Barnhart injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. You can contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Barnhart Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Barnhart area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Barnhart accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Barnhart clients with the experience and information they need to fight insurance companies and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Barnhart
When it comes to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced Barnhart accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Barnhart will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Barnhart, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Barnhart, MO
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed many vehicle-related cases. It is our job to help Barnhart accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Barnhart, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Barnhart accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Barnhart, MO, are available 24/7.