Accident Lawyers in Belleville, IL
Call the Belleville, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Belleville, IL. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Belleville, IL, area. We help clients recover compensation after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Belleville, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon’s Belleville accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are involved in some sort of accident, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer some prime advice for Belleville, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases can be worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win an injury claim in Belleville, IL, it’s important to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Belleville.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for clients, Chris Dixon and the Belleville injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Please contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Belleville Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Belleville area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Belleville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Belleville clients with the experience and information they need to fight big insurers and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Belleville
In terms of compensation, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced Belleville accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Belleville will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Belleville, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Belleville, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with many car- and truck-related claims. It is our goal to help Belleville accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Belleville, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Belleville accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Belleville, IL, are available 24/7.