Accident Lawyers in Benld, IL
Call the Benld, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Benld, IL. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Benld, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Benld, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Benld accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re involved in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Benld, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury claim in Benld, IL, it is crucial to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Benld.
Having settled over $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Benld injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. You can contact us now for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Benld Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Benld area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Benld accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Benld residents with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Benld
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced Benld accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Benld will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Benld, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Benld, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have managed many vehicle-related cases. It is our job to help Benld accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Benld, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Benld accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Benld, IL, are available 24/7.