Accident Lawyers in Benton, IL
Contact the Benton, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Benton, IL. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Benton, IL, area. We help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Benton, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Benton accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are in some kind of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Benton, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get compensation for an injury claim in Benton, IL, it’s important to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Benton.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Benton injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Feel free to contact us today for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Benton Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Benton area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Benton accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Benton clients with the information and experience they need to effectively fight insurance companies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Benton
In terms of compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced Benton accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Benton will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Benton, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Benton, IL
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a seasoned accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed dozens vehicle-related claims. It is our goal to help Benton accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Benton, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Benton accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Benton, IL, are available 24/7.