Accident Lawyers in Bethalto, IL
Contact the Bethalto, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Bethalto, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Bethalto, IL, area. We help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Bethalto, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Bethalto accident lawyers support victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer some prime advice for Bethalto, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases are worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury claim in Bethalto, IL, it is important to have experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Bethalto.
Having settled more than $35 million for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Bethalto injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Feel free to contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Bethalto Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Bethalto area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Bethalto accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Bethalto residents with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight big insurers and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Bethalto
When it comes to compensation, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Bethalto accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Bethalto will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Bethalto, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Bethalto, IL
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with many car- and truck-related claims. It’s our goal to help Bethalto accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Bethalto, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Bethalto accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Bethalto, IL, are available 24/7.