Accident Lawyers in Blackjack, MO
Call the Blackjack, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Blackjack, MO. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Blackjack, MO, area. It’s our job to help victims recover compensation after an accident. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35,000,000 for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Blackjack, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Blackjack accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in some kind of accident, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Blackjack, MO, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get compensation for a personal injury case in Blackjack, MO, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Blackjack.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Blackjack injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Please contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Blackjack Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Blackjack area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company may offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Blackjack accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Blackjack clients with the experience and information they need to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Blackjack
When it comes to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced Blackjack accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Blackjack will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Blackjack, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Blackjack, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled many car- and truck-related cases. It’s our goal to help Blackjack accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Blackjack, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Blackjack accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Blackjack, MO, are available 24/7.