Accident Lawyers in Bond County, IL
Call a Bond County accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Bond County, IL. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Bond County area. It’s our job to help clients recover damages after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35,000,000 for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Bond County, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Bond County accident lawyers support victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in some sort of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Bond County, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases are worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win an injury case in Bond County, IL, it is important to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Bond County.
Having settled over $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Bond County injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Please contact us today for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Bond County
Among the best accident firms in the Bond County area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurance company may offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Bond County accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Bond County residents with the information and experience they need to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Bond County
Regarding compensation, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced accident lawyer in Bond County will also take into account ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: The right accident lawyer in Bond County will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Bond County and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Bond County
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have managed many vehicle-related cases. It’s our goal to help Bond County accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Bond County Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Bond County accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Bond County, IL, are available 24/7.