Accident Lawyers in Bonne Terre, MO
Call the Bonne Terre, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Bonne Terre, MO. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Bonne Terre, MO, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35,000,000 for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Bonne Terre, MO, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon’s Bonne Terre accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re involved in some kind of accident, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Bonne Terre, MO, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases are worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for an injury case in Bonne Terre, MO, it’s important to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Bonne Terre.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Bonne Terre injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us today for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Bonne Terre Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Bonne Terre area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Bonne Terre accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Bonne Terre clients with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight big insurers and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Bonne Terre
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. A skilled Bonne Terre accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Bonne Terre will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Bonne Terre, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Bonne Terre, MO
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, victims of car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed dozens car- and truck-related claims. It’s our goal to help Bonne Terre accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Bonne Terre, MO, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Bonne Terre accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Bonne Terre, MO, are available 24/7.