Accident Lawyers in Brentwood, MO
Contact the Brentwood, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Brentwood, MO. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Brentwood, MO, area. It’s our job to help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. We handle insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Brentwood, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Brentwood accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re in an accident of some kind, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Brentwood, MO, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury claim in Brentwood, MO, it’s essential to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Brentwood.
Having settled over $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Brentwood injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Brentwood Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Brentwood area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Brentwood accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Brentwood residents with the experience and information they need to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Brentwood
In terms of reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. A skilled Brentwood accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Brentwood will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Brentwood, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Brentwood, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed many vehicle-related cases. It’s our job to help Brentwood accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Brentwood, MO, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Brentwood accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Brentwood, MO, are available 24/7.