Accident Lawyers in Bridgeton, MO
Contact the Bridgeton, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Bridgeton, MO. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims in the Bridgeton, MO, area. We help clients recover compensation after an accident. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Bridgeton, MO, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Our Bridgeton accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer prime advice for Bridgeton, MO, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases can be worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people die every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get compensation for an injury case in Bridgeton, MO, it is important to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Bridgeton.
Having settled over $35,000,000 for clients, Chris Dixon and the Bridgeton injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a claim. Please contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Bridgeton Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Bridgeton area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Bridgeton accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Bridgeton residents with the experience and information they need to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Bridgeton
In regards to reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced Bridgeton accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Bridgeton will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Bridgeton, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Bridgeton, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have handled many car- and truck-related cases. It’s our job to help Bridgeton accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Bridgeton, MO, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Bridgeton accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Bridgeton, MO, are available 24/7.