Accident Lawyers in Brownstown, IL
Contact the Brownstown, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Brownstown, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Brownstown, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after these accidents. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Brownstown, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Brownstown accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are involved in some kind of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Brownstown, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win an injury case in Brownstown, IL, it’s important to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Brownstown.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Brownstown injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Feel free to contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Brownstown Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Brownstown area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company may offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Brownstown accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Brownstown residents with the information and experience they need to fight big insurers and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Brownstown
When it comes to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Brownstown accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Brownstown will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Brownstown, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Brownstown, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have dealt with various vehicle-related claims. It is our goal to help Brownstown accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Brownstown, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Brownstown accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Brownstown, IL, are available 24/7.