Accident Lawyers in Cahokia, IL
Contact the Cahokia, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Cahokia, IL. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Cahokia, IL, area. We help clients recover damages after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Cahokia, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Cahokia accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are involved in an accident of some kind, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Cahokia, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases are worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury case in Cahokia, IL, it’s crucial to have experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Cahokia.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for clients, Chris Dixon and the Cahokia injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. Please contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Cahokia Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Cahokia area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company may offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Cahokia accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Cahokia clients with the experience and information they deserve to fight these insurance agencies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Cahokia
In terms of compensation, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. An experienced Cahokia accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Cahokia will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Cahokia, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Cahokia, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled many vehicle-related claims. It’s our job to help Cahokia accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Cahokia, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Cahokia accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Cahokia, IL, are available 24/7.