Accident Lawyers in Calhoun County, IL
Contact a Calhoun County accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Calhoun County, IL. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Calhoun County area. We help clients recover compensation after an accident. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $50 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Calhoun County, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury and cases.
Our Calhoun County accident lawyers support victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re in an accident of some kind, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Calhoun County, victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases can be worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for an injury claim in Calhoun County, IL, it’s crucial to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Calhoun County.
Having settled over $50 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Calhoun County injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Calhoun County
As a top accident firms in the Calhoun County area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurance company may offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Calhoun County accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Calhoun County residents with the information and experience they need to effectively fight insurance companies and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Calhoun County
Regarding compensation, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. A skilled accident lawyer in Calhoun County will also fight for future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: The right accident lawyer in Calhoun County will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Calhoun County and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Calhoun County
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a seasoned accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled dozens vehicle-related cases. It’s our job to help Calhoun County accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Calhoun County Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Calhoun County accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
[wdac-linkblock parent=”/accident-lawyer/” exclude=”Accident Lawyer ” button-class=”uk-button button-block” class=”uk-grid-small [email protected] [email protected]”]
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Calhoun County, IL, are available 24/7.