Accident Lawyers in Carbondale, IL
Call the Carbondale, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Carbondale, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Carbondale, IL, area. We help clients recover damages after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $50 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Carbondale, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon’s Carbondale accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer prime advice for Carbondale, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is near $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get compensation for an injury claim in Carbondale, IL, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Carbondale.
Having settled upwards of $50 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Carbondale injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. You can contact us now for more information about how we help our clients.
Carbondale Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Carbondale area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Carbondale accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Carbondale residents with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Carbondale
When it comes to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced Carbondale accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Carbondale will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Carbondale, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Carbondale, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled various vehicle-related cases. It is our goal to help Carbondale accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Carbondale, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Carbondale accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Carbondale, IL, are available 24/7.