Accident Lawyers in Carlyle, IL
Call the Carlyle, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Carlyle, IL. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Carlyle, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Carlyle, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Our Carlyle accident lawyers are here to help victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer prime advice for Carlyle, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases can be worth millions if you get an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get compensation for an injury case in Carlyle, IL, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Carlyle.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Carlyle injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Please contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Carlyle Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Carlyle area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Carlyle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Carlyle clients with the information and experience they need to effectively fight insurance companies and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Carlyle
In terms of compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Carlyle accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Carlyle will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Carlyle, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Carlyle, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with dozens vehicle-related cases. It’s our goal to help Carlyle accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Carlyle, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Carlyle accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Carlyle, IL, are available 24/7.