Accident Lawyers in Cave-in-Rock, IL
Call the Cave-in-Rock, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Cave-in-Rock, IL. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Cave-in-Rock, IL, area. We help victims recover compensation after an accident. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35,000,000 for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Cave-in-Rock, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon’s Cave-in-Rock accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re in an accident of some kind, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Cave-in-Rock, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for an injury case in Cave-in-Rock, IL, it’s important to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Cave-in-Rock.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Cave-in-Rock injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Feel free to contact us today for more information about how we help our clients.
Cave-in-Rock Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Cave-in-Rock area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people each year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Cave-in-Rock accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Cave-in-Rock clients with the information and experience they need to effectively fight big insurers and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Cave-in-Rock
Regarding compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced Cave-in-Rock accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Cave-in-Rock will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Cave-in-Rock, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Cave-in-Rock, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed many car- and truck-related cases. It’s our goal to help Cave-in-Rock accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Cave-in-Rock, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Cave-in-Rock accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Cave-in-Rock, IL, are available 24/7.