Accident Lawyers in Cedar Hill, MO
Call the Cedar Hill, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Cedar Hill, MO. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Cedar Hill, MO, area. We help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Cedar Hill, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Cedar Hill accident lawyers are here to help victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are in some sort of accident, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer some prime advice for Cedar Hill, MO, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases can be worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To receive compensation for an injury case in Cedar Hill, MO, it’s crucial to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Cedar Hill.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Cedar Hill injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us today for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Cedar Hill Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Cedar Hill area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Cedar Hill accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Cedar Hill residents with the experience and information they need to fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Cedar Hill
Regarding reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Cedar Hill accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Cedar Hill will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Cedar Hill, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Cedar Hill, MO
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed many car- and truck-related cases. It’s our job to help Cedar Hill accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Cedar Hill, MO, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Cedar Hill accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Cedar Hill, MO, are available 24/7.