Accident Lawyers in Central West End, MO
Contact the Central West End, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Central West End, MO. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims in the Central West End, MO, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35,000,000 for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Central West End, MO, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Our Central West End accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Central West End, MO, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases are worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win an injury case in Central West End, MO, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Central West End.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Central West End injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Please contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Central West End Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Central West End area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurance company may offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Central West End accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Central West End residents with the information and experience they need to fight big insurers and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Central West End
Regarding compensation, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled Central West End accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Central West End will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Central West End, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Central West End, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled many vehicle-related claims. It is our job to help Central West End accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Central West End, MO, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Central West End accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Central West End, MO, are available 24/7.