Accident Lawyers in Centralia, IL
Call the Centralia, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Centralia, IL. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Centralia, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover compensation after these accidents. We handle cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Centralia, IL, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Centralia accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re involved in an accident of some kind, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Centralia, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury case in Centralia, IL, it is important to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Centralia.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Centralia injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Feel free to contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Centralia Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Centralia area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company may offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Centralia accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Centralia residents with the experience and information they deserve to fight these insurance agencies and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Centralia
In terms of compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled Centralia accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Centralia will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Centralia, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Centralia, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have managed various vehicle-related cases. It’s our goal to help Centralia accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Centralia, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Centralia accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Centralia, IL, are available 24/7.