Accident Lawyers in Chester, IL
Contact the Chester, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Chester, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Chester, IL, area. We help victims recover compensation after an accident. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35,000,000 for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Chester, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Chester accident lawyers offer legal counsel to victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Chester, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries such as premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for an injury case in Chester, IL, it’s important to have experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Chester.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Chester injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Feel free to contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Chester Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Chester area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Chester accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Chester clients with the experience and information they need to effectively fight insurance companies and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Chester
In terms of compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Chester accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Chester will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Chester, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Chester, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have managed many car- and truck-related cases. It’s our job to help Chester accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Chester, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Chester accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Chester, IL, are available 24/7.