Accident Lawyers in Chesterfield, MO
Contact the Chesterfield, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Chesterfield, MO. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Chesterfield, MO, area. It’s our job to help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. We handle insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Chesterfield, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Chesterfield accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re involved in some kind of accident, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer prime advice for Chesterfield, MO, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win an injury case in Chesterfield, MO, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Chesterfield.
Having settled upwards of $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Chesterfield injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Please contact us now for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Chesterfield Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Chesterfield area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer may offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Chesterfield accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Chesterfield residents with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight insurance companies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Chesterfield
In regards to compensation, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. A skilled Chesterfield accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Chesterfield will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Chesterfield, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Chesterfield, MO
If you have been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled dozens car- and truck-related cases. It’s our goal to help Chesterfield accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Chesterfield, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Chesterfield accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Chesterfield, MO, are available 24/7.