Accident Lawyers in Cobden, IL
Contact the Cobden, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Cobden, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims in the Cobden, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover compensation after these accidents. We handle insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Cobden, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Cobden accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re involved in some sort of accident, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers prime advice for Cobden, IL, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases can be worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win a personal injury case in Cobden, IL, it’s crucial to get experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Cobden.
Having settled more than $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Cobden injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. Please contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Cobden Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Cobden area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company may offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Cobden accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Cobden clients with the information and experience they need to effectively fight big insurers and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Cobden
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Cobden accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Cobden will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Cobden, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Cobden, IL
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with various vehicle-related cases. It’s our job to help Cobden accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Cobden, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Cobden accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call Dixon today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Cobden, IL, are available 24/7.