Accident Lawyers in Collinsville, IL
Call the Collinsville, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Collinsville, IL. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Collinsville, IL, area. We help clients recover compensation after these accidents. We handle insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35 million for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Collinsville, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Collinsville accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer prime advice for Collinsville, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases can be worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win a personal injury claim in Collinsville, IL, it is important to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Collinsville.
Having settled over $35 million for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Collinsville injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Please contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Collinsville Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Collinsville area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurer will offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Collinsville accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Collinsville residents with the experience and information they deserve to fight insurance companies and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Collinsville
Regarding compensation, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced Collinsville accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Collinsville will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Collinsville, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Collinsville, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with many vehicle-related cases. It’s our job to help Collinsville accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Collinsville, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Collinsville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Collinsville, IL, are available 24/7.