Accident Lawyers in Colp, IL
Contact the Colp, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Colp, IL. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Colp, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover damages after these accidents. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35,000,000 for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Colp, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Colp accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re involved in some kind of accident, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer prime advice for Colp, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is around $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases can be worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To receive compensation for an injury case in Colp, IL, it’s important to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Colp.
Having settled over $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Colp injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. Please contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Colp Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Colp area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Colp accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Colp clients with the experience and information they need to fight insurance companies and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Colp
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced Colp accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Colp will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Colp, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Colp, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with various car- and truck-related claims. It is our goal to help Colp accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Colp, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Colp accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Colp, IL, are available 24/7.