Accident Lawyers in Columbia, IL
Contact the Columbia, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Columbia, IL. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Columbia, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover damages after these accidents. Dixon handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Columbia, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Columbia accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are involved in an accident of some kind, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Columbia, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To win an injury claim in Columbia, IL, it is crucial to have experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Columbia.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Columbia injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. You can contact us now for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Columbia Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Columbia area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company may offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Columbia accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Columbia residents with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Columbia
When it comes to compensation, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. A skilled Columbia accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Columbia will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Columbia, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Columbia, IL
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with dozens vehicle-related cases. It is our job to help Columbia accident victims recover financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Columbia, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Columbia accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Columbia, IL, are available 24/7.