Accident Lawyers in Cottleville, MO
Call the Cottleville, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Cottleville, MO. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Cottleville, MO, area. We help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35,000,000 for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Cottleville, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Cottleville accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are involved in some kind of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Cottleville, MO, victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases are worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury claim in Cottleville, MO, it is important to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Cottleville.
Having settled more than $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Cottleville injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Please contact us now for more information about how we help our clients.
Cottleville Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Cottleville area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Cottleville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Cottleville residents with the information and experience they deserve to fight these insurance agencies and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Cottleville
In regards to compensation, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Cottleville accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Cottleville will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Cottleville, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Cottleville, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have managed many vehicle-related cases. It is our goal to help Cottleville accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Cottleville, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Cottleville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Cottleville, MO, are available 24/7.