Accident Lawyers in Crawford County, MO
Call a Crawford County accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Crawford County, MO. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Crawford County area. It’s our job to help clients recover damages after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35,000,000 for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Crawford County, MO, accident lawyers specialize in claims involving car and truck accidents, workers compensation, and personal injury and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Crawford County accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are involved in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Crawford County, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win an injury case in Crawford County, MO, it’s crucial to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Crawford County.
Having settled more than $35 million for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Crawford County injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a claim. Feel free to contact us today for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Personal Injury Lawyers in Crawford County
As one of the best accident firms in the Crawford County area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Crawford County accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers offer Crawford County residents with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight big insurers and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Crawford County
Regarding compensation, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced accident lawyer in Crawford County will also fight for future treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Crawford County will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Crawford County and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Crawford County
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. A lot of times, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with dozens vehicle-related cases. It’s our goal to help Crawford County accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Crawford County Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- The “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Crawford County accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Crawford County, MO, are available 24/7.