Accident Lawyers in Crestwood, MO
Call the Crestwood, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Crestwood, MO. The injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Crestwood, MO, area. It’s our job to help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won over $35 million for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Crestwood, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Crestwood accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are in an accident of some kind, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Crestwood, MO, accident victims:
- According to the BJS, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases can be worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win a personal injury claim in Crestwood, MO, it’s important to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Crestwood.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Crestwood injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Please contact us today for more information about how we help our clients.
Crestwood Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Crestwood area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Crestwood accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Crestwood residents with the information and experience they need to fight insurance companies and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Crestwood
Regarding compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Crestwood accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Crestwood will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Crestwood, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Crestwood, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck collision, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have handled dozens vehicle-related cases. It is our goal to help Crestwood accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Crestwood, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Crestwood accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also provide legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Crestwood, MO, are available 24/7.