Accident Lawyers in Crossville, IL
Contact the Crossville, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Crossville, IL. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the Crossville, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. Dixon handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us now for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Crossville, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Crossville accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are involved in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer some prime advice for Crossville, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases are worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for an injury case in Crossville, IL, it’s essential to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Crossville.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Crossville injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. You can contact us now for more information about how we help our clients.
Crossville Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Crossville area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company may offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Crossville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Crossville residents with the information and experience they need to effectively fight big insurers and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Crossville
In regards to reimbursement, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced Crossville accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Crossville will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Crossville, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Crossville, IL
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have handled dozens car- and truck-related claims. It’s our goal to help Crossville accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Crossville, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Crossville accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Crossville, IL, are available 24/7.