Accident Lawyers in De Soto, MO
Call the De Soto, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in De Soto, MO. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the De Soto, MO, area. It’s our job to help victims recover compensation after these accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35,000,000 for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s De Soto, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our De Soto accident lawyers are here to help victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are involved in some kind of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for De Soto, MO, victims:
- According to the BJS, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury case in De Soto, MO, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in De Soto.
Having settled over $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the De Soto injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us now for more information about how we help our clients.
De Soto Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the De Soto area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer will offer you what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The De Soto accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide De Soto clients with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight big insurers and get you and your family full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in De Soto
When it comes to reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced De Soto accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in De Soto will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in De Soto, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in De Soto, MO
If you have been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to get an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with various car- and truck-related claims. It is our job to help De Soto accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your De Soto, MO, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The De Soto accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s results and experience. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in De Soto, MO, are available 24/7.