Accident Lawyers in Defiance, MO
Contact the Defiance, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Defiance, MO. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Defiance, MO, area. We help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. We handle cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact us now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Defiance, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Defiance accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re involved in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Defiance, MO, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you hire the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury case in Defiance, MO, it is important to have experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Defiance.
Having settled more than $35 million for victims and their families, Chris Dixon and the Defiance injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a claim. You can contact us today for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Defiance Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Defiance area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Defiance accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Defiance residents with the experience and information they need to fight big insurers and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Defiance
In regards to reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced Defiance accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Defiance will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Defiance, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Defiance, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have handled many car- and truck-related claims. It’s our job to help Defiance accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Defiance, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Defiance accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Defiance, MO, are available 24/7.