Accident Lawyers in Dieterich, IL
Call the Dieterich, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Dieterich, IL. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Dieterich, IL, area. We help clients recover compensation after these accidents. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Dieterich, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s Dieterich accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are involved in an accident of some kind, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Dieterich, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all personal injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases are worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that can involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for an injury case in Dieterich, IL, it is essential to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Dieterich.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for clients, Chris Dixon and the Dieterich injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. Feel free to contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Dieterich Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Dieterich area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurer may offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Dieterich accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Dieterich residents with the experience and information they need to fight these insurance agencies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Dieterich
In regards to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. An experienced Dieterich accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Dieterich will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in Dieterich, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Dieterich, IL
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with various vehicle-related cases. It is our job to help Dieterich accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Dieterich, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Dieterich accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Dieterich, IL, are available 24/7.