Accident Lawyers in Dix, IL
Call the Dix, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Dix, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Dix, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Dix, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Dix accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re in some kind of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Dix, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for an injury claim in Dix, IL, it is important to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Dix.
Having settled more than $35 million for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Dix injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Feel free to contact us today for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Dix Personal Injury Lawyers
As one of the best firms in the Dix area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurer will offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Dix accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Dix clients with the experience and information they deserve to fight these insurance agencies and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Dix
In regards to compensation, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled Dix accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes barriers to career advancement and loss of earning potential in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Dix will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Dix, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Dix, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DWIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have dealt with various car- and truck-related cases. It is our job to help Dix accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Dix, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in certain ways. For example, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Dix accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm now if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Dix, IL, are available 24/7.