Accident Lawyers in Dongola, IL
Call the Dongola, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Dongola, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims in the Dongola, IL, area. We help clients recover compensation after an accident. We handle cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won upwards of $35 million for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us today for legal representation at no cost. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Dongola, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Dongola accident lawyers are here to help victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are involved in some kind of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, we offer prime advice for Dongola, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for an injury case in Dongola, IL, it is important to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Dongola.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Dongola injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. Feel free to contact us now for more information about the injury claim process and winning a case.
Dongola Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Dongola area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The last point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer the victim what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Dongola accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Dongola residents with the experience and information they deserve to effectively fight big insurers and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Dongola
In terms of compensation, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Dongola accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing and future treatment.
- Lost Income: If you are injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Dongola will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These may include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Dongola, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Dongola, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who can act in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have dealt with many car- and truck-related cases. It’s our job to help Dongola accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Dongola, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in certain ways. For instance, a landlord would have a responsibility to make sure railings on staircases are secure.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Dongola accident lawyers at Dixon help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Dongola, IL, are available 24/7.