Accident Lawyers in Du Bois, IL
Call the Du Bois, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Du Bois, IL. The accident and injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims in the Du Bois, IL, area. It’s our job to help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. The Dixon Injury Firm handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Du Bois, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Du Bois accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for Du Bois, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all personal injury claims involve traffic accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that might involve personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win an injury case in Du Bois, IL, it’s crucial to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Du Bois.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Du Bois injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a case. You can contact us now for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Du Bois Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Du Bois area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. Over 40 million people every year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company may offer the victim what seems like a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Du Bois accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers provide Du Bois residents with the information and experience they need to fight big insurers and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Du Bois
In regards to reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. An experienced Du Bois accident lawyer will also fight for future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Du Bois will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Du Bois, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Du Bois, IL
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, people in car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with many car- and truck-related cases. It is our goal to help Du Bois accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Du Bois, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving if you have a case or claim is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Du Bois accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call Dixon today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Du Bois, IL, are available 24/7.