Accident Lawyers in Du Quoin, IL
Contact the Du Quoin, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Du Quoin, IL. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Du Quoin, IL, area. We help clients recover compensation after an accident. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35,000,000 for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Du Quoin, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Du Quoin accident lawyers support injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are involved in some kind of accident, there are a few things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Du Quoin, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Some cases can be worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury claim in Du Quoin, IL, it is crucial to get experienced legal representation. Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Du Quoin.
Having settled more than $35 million for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Du Quoin injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Please contact us now for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Du Quoin Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Du Quoin area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurer will offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Du Quoin accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm ensure victims and their families are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Du Quoin clients with the information and experience they need to effectively fight insurance companies and get you reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Du Quoin
In regards to compensation, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Du Quoin accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: A victim’s pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Du Quoin will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It is within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Du Quoin, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Car and Truck Accident Lawyers in Du Quoin, IL
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed many car- and truck-related claims. It’s our goal to help Du Quoin accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Du Quoin, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between you and others. People are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when a person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who is actually responsible for breaching duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Du Quoin accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can call the Dixon Injury Firm now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Du Quoin, IL, are available 24/7.