Accident Lawyers in East St. Louis, IL
Contact the East St. Louis, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in East St. Louis, IL. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the East St. Louis, IL, area. It’s our job to help victims recover damages after an accident. We handle insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $35 million for our clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact Dixon now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s East St. Louis, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon Injury Firm’s East St. Louis accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to injury victims and their families in the Greater St. Louis area. If you are in some sort of accident, there are several things you need to be aware of. Below, Dixon offers some prime advice for East St. Louis, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases can be worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people are killed every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury claim in East St. Louis, IL, it is essential to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in East St. Louis.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for clients, Chris Dixon and the East St. Louis injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. Feel free to contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
East St. Louis Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the East St. Louis area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company may offer you what may appear to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The East St. Louis accident lawyers at Dixon ensure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer East St. Louis clients with the information and experience they deserve to fight these insurance agencies and get you the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in East St. Louis
In terms of reimbursement, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer on your side, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Rehab, surgery, physical therapy, hospital bills and other medical-related expenses can be added to your special damages. An experienced East St. Louis accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing and future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in East St. Louis will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you’re in East St. Louis, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s important to reach out to an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in East St. Louis, IL
If you have been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have managed various car- and truck-related cases. It’s our job to help East St. Louis accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your East St. Louis, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act. A decent example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a multitude of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The East St. Louis accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon now for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in East St. Louis, IL, are available 24/7.