Accident Lawyers in Eddyville, IL
Contact the Eddyville, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Eddyville, IL. The injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Eddyville, IL, area. We help victims recover damages after these accidents. We handle cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35 million for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Eddyville, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Eddyville accident lawyers offer legal counsel to injury victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are involved in an accident of some kind, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Eddyville, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, more than 50 percent of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases are linked to medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is around $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as lost wages, pain and suffering, medical expenses, and loss of consortium. Certain cases can be worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for an injury case in Eddyville, IL, it is essential to get experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Eddyville.
Having settled over $35 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Eddyville injury lawyers have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Feel free to contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Eddyville Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Eddyville area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people each year suffer from mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a quick and easy settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company may offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Eddyville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims are justly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Eddyville residents with the information and experience they need to effectively fight big insurers and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Eddyville
In regards to reimbursement, the types of damages you can get depend on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be included in your special damages. A skilled Eddyville accident lawyer will also take into account future treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of future earning potential and career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Eddyville will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It is in your rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Eddyville, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Eddyville, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a capable accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common traffic accidents are the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Our accident lawyers have handled various car- and truck-related cases. It’s our goal to help Eddyville accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Eddyville, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Eddyville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm now for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Eddyville, IL, are available 24/7.