Accident Lawyers in Effingham, IL
Call the Effingham, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Effingham, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the Effingham, IL, area. We help clients recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims in and out of the courtroom. We have won more than $35,000,000 for our clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Effingham, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Dixon’s Effingham accident lawyers are here to help injury victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you are in an accident of some kind, there are a number of important things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer prime advice for Effingham, IL, victims:
- According to the BJS, nearly half of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases can be worth millions if you have the right injury lawyer.
- The CDC claims that upwards of 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, more than 30,000 people die every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for a personal injury claim in Effingham, IL, it’s crucial to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Call us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Effingham.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for clients, Chris Dixon and the Effingham injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the compensation you deserve. You can contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Effingham Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Effingham area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what is best for his clients. More than 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company may offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Effingham accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Effingham clients with the information and experience they deserve to fight big insurers and get you full compensation for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Effingham
In terms of reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. A skilled Effingham accident lawyer will also fight for ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you could be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on several different factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are considered general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Effingham will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. These include childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you’re in Effingham, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Effingham, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents are unable to act with the long-term in mind due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a seasoned accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have managed various vehicle-related claims. It is our job to help Effingham accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Effingham, IL, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when a person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving if you have a case or claim is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries depends on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Effingham accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of what we can do to help:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Effingham, IL, are available 24/7.