Accident Lawyers in Eldorado, IL
Contact the Eldorado, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Eldorado, IL. The accident and injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal counsel to victims and their families in the Eldorado, IL, area. We help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after an accident. Our firm handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm now for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Eldorado, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Eldorado accident lawyers provide top-notch representation to victims and their families in Illinois and Missouri. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are a number of important things to keep in mind. Below, Dixon offers prime advice for Eldorado, IL, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, nearly half of all injury claims involve motor vehicle accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the rest are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for personal injury claims is near $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The CDC reports that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die every year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To get reimbursed for an injury case in Eldorado, IL, it’s important to have experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 right away to learn more about our injury lawyers in Eldorado.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for clients, Chris Dixon and the Eldorado injury attorneys have the experience you need to win the maximum amount of reimbursement. Feel free to contact us today for more information about winning your personal injury case.
Eldorado Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Eldorado area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his ability to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people each year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Filing a claim can help you recover.
You probably have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is very important. Often, after an accident, the negligent person’s insurance company will offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement offer may be the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Eldorado accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims are justly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal counsel. Our accident lawyers provide Eldorado residents with the experience and information they need to effectively fight big insurers and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Claims in Eldorado
In terms of compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win depend on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Hospital bills, ongoing treatment, surgery, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. An experienced Eldorado accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on a variety of factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium or enjoyment are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Eldorado will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It’s within your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Eldorado, IL, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s essential to reach out to an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Eldorado, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to call an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a veteran accident attorney who acts in your best interest.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with various car- and truck-related claims. It’s our job to help Eldorado accident victims recover financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Eldorado, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important duties for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to a person’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. Citizens are morally and legally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a business owner has a responsibility to ensure their customers’ safety.
- A “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act. A good example of this is a driver knowing they’re supposed to stop at a red light but don’t.
- “Causation” is determining who breached their duty of care and is negligent. An accident happens because the negligent party failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken steps to avoid an accident.
- The final step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Eldorado accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm help victims and their families with the entire legal process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also offer legal services in a variety of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you or a family member have been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Eldorado, IL, are available 24/7.