Accident Lawyers in Ellisville, MO
Call the Ellisville, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Ellisville, MO. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims in the Ellisville, MO, area. We help victims recover damages after an accident. Dixon handles cases and insurance claims both in and out of the courtroom. We’ve won more than $50 million for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact Dixon today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Our Ellisville, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Ellisville accident lawyers support victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you are involved in some sort of accident, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, we offer prime advice for Ellisville, MO, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all personal injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for personal injury claims is more than $31,000. Reimbursement is based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Certain cases are worth millions if you get the right injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control claims that more than 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident every year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, over 30,000 people die every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries like premise liability, a truck accident, or some other injury that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for an injury claim in Ellisville, MO, it’s crucial to have experienced legal representation. Chris Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Contact Dixon at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Ellisville.
Having settled upwards of $50 million for clients, Chris Dixon and the Ellisville injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. You can contact us now for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Ellisville Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Ellisville area, Chris Dixon has proven his ability to do what’s best for his clients. More than 40 million people per year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You might have a personal injury case and will need to contact an accident lawyer if…
- You’re unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The last point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company may offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can be the difference between an easy payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Ellisville accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Ellisville clients with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Ellisville
Regarding compensation, the types of damages you can get vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related expenses can be included in your special damages. A skilled Ellisville accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment costs.
- Lost Income: When you are injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. In addition to that, your wages can be added to the overall settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is based on numerous factors. This may include emotional distress, PTSD after witnessing an accident, or ongoing medical conditions. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Ellisville will also fight for out-of-pocket expenses. It is rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Ellisville, MO, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to call an accident lawyer as quickly as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Truck and Car Accident Lawyers in Ellisville, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to notify an experienced accident lawyer right away. Often, people in car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who can act on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, DUIs, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have handled many vehicle-related cases. It is our goal to help Ellisville accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Ellisville, MO, Accident Lawyer Can Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove negligence or who is at fault. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proved. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A good example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have steps to avoid that accident.
- The next step in proving negligence is determining “Damages.” You probably don’t have a claim if you stub your toe. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. If you can prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Ellisville accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes submitting claims, fighting insurance companies, and even going to court if necessary. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, you can contact Dixon today for more information and a free case consultation.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our results and experience. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our specialties:
Feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you’ve been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Ellisville, MO, are available 24/7.