Accident Lawyers in Equality, IL
Contact the Equality, IL, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Equality, IL. The personal injury attorneys at the Dixon Injury Firm offer experienced legal counsel to victims in the Equality, IL, area. We help victims recover the maximum amount of compensation possible after these accidents. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won upwards of $35,000,000 for clients in the Greater St. Louis area. Contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Equality, IL, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury claims, workers comp, and other claims and cases.
Our Equality accident lawyers support victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re in some sort of accident, there are a few things you need to be aware of. Below, the Dixon Injury Firm offers some prime advice for Equality, IL, accident victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only 15 percent of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average compensation for injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as loss of consortium, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost wages. Some cases can be worth millions if you hire an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident annually. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve falling objects, slips, and electrocution. Overall, over 30,000 people die each year because of unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases make up a fraction of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases involving personal injuries such as a car accident, a broken bone after a fall, or even a dog bite that has a financial impact on the victim.
- To win an injury claim in Equality, IL, it is important to have experienced legal representation. Dixon provides free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 today to learn more about our injury lawyers in Equality.
Having settled more than $35,000,000 for clients and their families, Chris Dixon and the Equality injury lawyers have the experience you need to win a claim. You can contact us today for more information about our successes and capabilities.
Equality Personal Injury Lawyers
As a top accident firm in the Equality area, Chris Dixon has proven time and time again his abilities to do what is best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that can impact their lives. Opening a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work due to an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member was killed by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you from doing normal activities.
- An insurer offers you a fast settlement.
The final point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent person’s insurance company may offer the victim what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement can mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Equality accident lawyers at Dixon make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the biggest mistakes a person can make after an accident is to accept or contact a negligent person’s insurer without experienced legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Equality clients with the information and experience they deserve to effectively fight insurance companies and get you and your family the most possible compensation we can for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Equality
Regarding compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can win vary on the case. With an accident lawyer in your corner, damages could include:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled Equality accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: If you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages can severely impact your ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on numerous factors. This may include chronic pain, emotional distress, witnessing a terrible event, and others. Loss of enjoyment and consortium are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: A good accident lawyer in Equality will also consider out-of-pocket expenses. It’s rights to request these in addition to other general and special damages. These may include gas money to and from treatment, prescription drugs, rental cars, repairs, and childcare.
If you are in Equality, IL, and think you have a personal injury claim, it’s essential to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. A good lawyer can be the difference between a small settlement and a big payout.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Equality, IL
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck wreck, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. A lot of times, victims of car accidents won’t be able to make the best decisions due to injuries and stress. To get the best injury settlement, you will need a capable accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common traffic accidents are also the most preventable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. Dixon’s accident lawyers have dealt with dozens car- and truck-related claims. It is our goal to help Equality accident victims win financial compensation from big insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Equality, IL, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s responsibility moral contract between you and others. Citizens are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For instance, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- The “Breach” is when that person is aware of the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is found in medical malpractice when a doctor knowingly prescribes a dangerous drug.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a store owner that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would’ve taken measures to avoid an accident.
- The next step in proving who is at fault is determining “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once you prove the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Equality accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire process. This includes gathering evidence, submitting claims, and countering settlement offers. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to call the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal circumstance. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in Dixon’s experience and results. We also provide legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Don’t hesitate to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today if you or a family member have been in an accident. Dixon provides case reviews and free consultations to victims, and our accident lawyers in Equality, IL, are available 24/7.