Accident Lawyers in Eureka, MO
Contact the Eureka, MO, accident attorney at the Dixon Injury Firm for a free consultation.
Accident Lawyers in Eureka, MO. The personal injury lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm provide experienced legal representation to victims and their families in the Eureka, MO, area. We help victims recover damages after an accident. Our firm handles insurance claims and cases both in and out of the courtroom. We have won over $35 million for clients in Missouri and Illinois. Contact us today for a free consultation and case review. If we don’t win, you don’t pay. Dixon’s Eureka, MO, accident lawyers specialize in personal injury, car and truck injuries, workers compensation, and other claims and cases.
Our Eureka accident lawyers support victims and their families in Missouri and Illinois. If you’re involved in some sort of accident, there are several things to keep in mind. Below, we offer some prime advice for Eureka, MO, victims:
- According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, 52 percent of all injury claims involve car or truck accidents. Only a handful of cases involve medical malpractice, 5 percent to product liability, and the other 28 percent are considered “other claims.”
- The average settlement for injury claims is more than $31,000. Payouts are based on damages such as pain and suffering, medical bills, and lost wages. Some cases are worth millions if you have an experienced injury lawyer.
- The Centers for Disease Control reports that over 35,000 people are killed in motor vehicle accident each year. OSHA reports that many workplace deaths involve electrocution, falls, and falling objects. Overall, more than 30,000 people die every year due to unintentional falls.
- “Tort” cases only make up a small percentage of civil case filings. Torts are civil cases that may involve personal injuries like slips and falls, product liability, or a car accident that has a financial impact on the victim and their family.
- To receive compensation for a personal injury claim in Eureka, MO, it’s essential to get experienced legal representation. The Dixon Injury Firm offers free legal counsel on a contingency plan. Reach out to us at (314) 409-7060 now to learn more about our injury lawyers in Eureka.
Having settled upwards of $35,000,000 for injury victims, Chris Dixon and the Eureka injury attorneys have the experience you need to win a case. You can contact us today for more information about our ability to help you win your case.
Eureka Personal Injury Lawyers
Among the best accident firms in the Eureka area, Chris Dixon has proven his abilities to do what’s best for his clients. Nearly 40 million people every year suffer mild-to-severe accidents that may impact their lives. Starting a claim can help you recover.
You most likely have a personal injury claim and will need an accident lawyer if…
- You unable to work because of an injury.
- If you were injured on someone else’s premises.
- A family member died by a negligent party.
- An injury prohibits you or a family member from doing normal activities.
- An insurance company offers you a fast settlement.
The fifth point is crucial. Often, after an incident, the negligent party’s insurance company will offer you what seems to be a fair settlement. Accepting or rejecting a settlement may mean the difference between a fast payout and hundreds of thousands of dollars.
The Eureka accident lawyers at the Dixon Injury Firm make sure victims and their families are rightly compensated. One of the worst mistakes a person can make after an accident is accepting or even contact a negligent person’s insurer without knowledgeable legal representation. Our accident lawyers offer Eureka residents with the information and experience they deserve to fight these insurance agencies and get you and your family reimbursed for your accident.
Compensation for Injury Cases in Eureka
When it comes to compensation and reimbursement, the types of damages you can receive vary on the case. With an accident lawyer at bat for you, damages may include the following:
- Medical Expenses: Surgery, ambulance fees, hospital bills, rehab and other medical-related costs can be added to your special damages. A skilled Eureka accident lawyer will also take into account ongoing treatment.
- Lost Income: When you’re injured, you may be eligible for workers compensation. Also, your wages can be added to the settlement. This includes loss of earning potential and future career advancement in addition to any vocational training. Lost wages severely impact a victim’s ability to pay for medical expenses.
- Pain and Suffering: Your pain and suffering is calculated on several different factors. This may include emotional distress, medical trauma, pain, or losing a child. Loss of consortium, enjoyment, and pain and suffering are called general damages, while concrete expenses (medical bills and lost wages) are special damages.
- Out-of-Pocket Expenses: An experienced accident lawyer in Eureka will also evaluate out-of-pocket expenses. It’s in your rights to request these in addition to other special and general damages. This includes childcare, rental car fees, gas money, or even prescription drugs.
If you are in Eureka, MO, and think you have a personal injury case, it’s important to contact an accident lawyer as soon as possible. Hiring the right attorney is the difference between a headache and small payout versus a case victory.
Vehicle Accident Lawyers in Eureka, MO
If you or a family member has been in a car or truck crash, it’s important to contact an experienced accident lawyer as soon as possible. Often, victims of car accidents don’t make the best decisions due to stress and injuries. To get the best injury settlement, you’ll need a veteran accident attorney who acts on your behalf.
The most common car and truck accidents are the most avoidable. These include distracted driving, speeding, drunk driving, and road construction accidents. The Dixon Injury Firm’s accident lawyers have dealt with dozens vehicle-related cases. It’s our job to help Eureka accident victims win financial compensation from insurers and negligent parties.
How Your Eureka, MO, Accident Lawyer Will Help
One of the most important jobs for an accident attorney is to prove fault and negligence. There are 4 basic elements of negligence that need to be proven. These include:
- The “Duty of Care” refers to anyone’s reasonable and responsible moral contract between them and others. People are legally and morally expected to act in a certain way. For example, a restaurant manager has a moral responsibility to serve safe food.
- A “Breach” is when that person knows the duty of care and fails to act responsibly. A decent example of this is when someone ignores a yield sign and drives through an intersection.
- “Causation” is proving someone is responsible for breaching their duty of care. An accident happens because someone failed to act responsibly. Consider a car salesman that doesn’t salt an icy walkway and someone slips and falls. The proprietor is responsible because it’s reasonable they would have measures to avoid that accident.
- The final step in proving who is at fault is deciding “Damages.” Most likely, you can’t sue if the injury is superficial. There needs to be financial repercussions. Compensation for personal injuries varies on a number of factors. Once your lawyer proves the defendant is negligent, they will look at the expenses caused by the breach of duty of care.
The Eureka accident lawyers at Dixon help clients and their families with the entire legal process. This includes fighting insurers, gathering evidence, going to court, and submitting claims. If you want to get the best injury claim settlement, feel free to contact the Dixon Injury Firm today for a free case review and more information.
Accident Lawyers Near You
The Dixon Injury Firm is the answer to your legal situation. “Who’s the best accident lawyer near me?” The answer is in our experience and results. We also offer legal services in a number of different areas. See below for a list of our capabilities:
Please contact the Dixon Injury Firm right away if you’ve been in an accident. We offer free consultations and case reviews to victims, and our accident lawyers in Eureka, MO, are available 24/7.